Online marketing is cheaper than traditional marketing. We probably need less resources and man power to lauch a marketing campaign.
Literally, there are more and more people getting online everyday especially the younger generation. The use of social media and online technologies in marketing will definitely help to promote our business to the next level.
Social media such as social networking, blogging and podcasting are personal media. You can use all these tools to get closer to your customers and allowing them to you better. Personalisation is extremely hard to be achieved by big corporation and you will definitely out-bid all of them.
There are many reasons why we should use social media to support our online marketing campaign: –
- Social media potentially drive high volume of traffic to your website if you get it right!
- Another way to connect with your customers. You will get visible to a new set of prospects
- Trust, trust, trust! People tend to buy from someone they know. Social media allows your customers to know you through your online presence.
- Communication and conversation. Social media allows two way communication. Your clients and customers can ask question, get feedback through your site.
- Offer valuable information. The biggest secret of online marketing is to giveout useful resources and information for free. If you are an expert in your field and provide useful content targeted at your niche, they will keep coming back to your site for more.
- Building powerful communities and relationships. Try to built a topic related to your business and you may be able to create a community around your business or product!
- Up-to-date information about your business. If your products do not meet your customers expectation and they commented it in social media – you might be the first one to know and able to react immediately before it’s too late!
- Building Customer database. Social media can be used to capture demographic data. Facebook and Twitter allow potential customers to be a ‘fan’ or ‘follower’.
- Market research. We can use social media to create an online questionnaire to find out what your customer want.
- Effective with low cost. Most of the social media tools are free. The only investment we need is ‘time’.