Do you own a website or blog? Are you serious about getting more traffic to your site? If the answer is YES, you need to learn how to optimize your website or posts correctly using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
SEO plays an important role in ranking our site on the first page in Google’s results by using a particular keyword and getting thousands of visitors. For many people, the SEO task of identifying the right keyword or tag can be daunting. Without proper SEO, our site could appear on page 100 of Google’s results and getting no visitors.
Good news is Google recently published a free “Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide“.
In this valuable Guide, you will learn how to: –
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the ‘description’ meta tag
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Optimize your use of images
- Use heading tags appropriately
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
- Notify Google of mobile sites
- Guide mobile users accurately
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
SEO can be daunting but it’s necessary !!!