|In my last post I have discussed about the important of creating great content that people will link to, providing comment on high-ranking blog sites and submitting contents to high-authority article sites such as Ezine.
Today, I would like to share with you the important of using Social Media to increase your search engine placements. A blog is one of the best ways to increase your search engine rankings. Why? Blogs and blog posts are natually search engine friendly because they are simply text-rich, link-rich and they’re frequently updated webpages. If you follow some of our simple rules for SEO, your blog can rank much higher than your usual static website. I will discuss this more along with other best practices later on how to ‘optimise’ our blog site by using appropriate keywords, tags and backlinks.
|Apart from Blogging, other high-ranking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Flickr are equally important. For me, my Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts are higher results for the search query ‘michael choong’ in Google than my weblog itself. So, why not create accounts on these sites for your business?
Lastly, please do not underestimate the power of social networking to help you to be found – not just on social media sites themselves but within Google. Having a presence on social sites help people to find your business even if they do not use these sites themselves.
January 8, 2011
How to Boost our Search Engine Ranking – Part 2
About Michael Choong
Michael, London, MSc Information Systems, ICT Management, Education, Internet Entrepreneur, GEEK. View all posts by Michael Choong
This entry was posted on Saturday, January 8th, 2011 at 6:18 am and tagged with boost, high authority, media, networking, rank, search engine, SEM, social and posted in Free Tutorial, SEM. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
2 responses to “How to Boost our Search Engine Ranking – Part 2”
My Social Presence
- 101 adwords best bookmarking boost broker business butler central challenges course engine entrepreneur facebook find free friendships full time google graph high authority how idea increase introduction job keep an eye on Malaysia map market marketing media middleman money monitoring networking niche noise obstacles online optimisation part time paul phase popular process rank ranking research Search search engine SEM SEO SEO service social social media start statistic tip tool Top Trends tricks tutorial twitter video ways webmaster website web site white why wikipedia working at home
- Join Self Portrait live challenge! goo.gl/3cn7BH 10 hours ago
- ttt 10 hours ago
- tt 11 hours ago
- Jt 11 hours ago
- Join My Best Shots live challenge! goo.gl/YPYVXY #gurushots 3 days ago
- Coming Home #michaelchoong #photography #sunset #seascape #kedah #malaysia instagram.com/p/BWpYciMAigt/ 4 days ago
- Changi Beach #michaelchoong #photography #sunset #changibeach #singapore instagram.com/p/BWfs-U0Ap7q/ 1 week ago
- tt 1 week ago
- ta 1 week ago
- Join Rule of Thirds live challenge! goo.gl/RnJihS #gurushots 1 week ago